Saturday, July 30, 2011

Skycroft, Week 1

So we arrive here about ten thirty at night and we all get out and guess what? If you said Taylor is carsick, you are dead on. We met the Skycroft Staff that we would be working with for the next four weeks and then crawled into our bunk beds, which are located in a four bedroom house that I'm sharing with 17 other people. Needless to say this was going to be an interesting experience for the team. We wake up and set up the Audi and let the normal camp set up process begin.

Monday arrives and the normal registration process of handing out t-shirts begins. I was sharing a church group that week with Daniel and little did we know instead of being on the ball, this church WAS the ball. They brought 40+ kids to camp and they were all great and well behaved.

Now onto probably the most phenomenal bible study group that I've ever had. Monday night we got in the room and the kids were rambunctious and two of my boys didn't want to listen to me. I even texted a friend that night and said I'm going to need some severe patience with that week. I had a little kid named Marc Nassar that became my permanent hip attachment that week. I was a bit worried about this group, but after Monday night Tuesday they came in and listened like little angels. The first day we talk about how God provides forgiveness and my kids ate it up. We had to go all the way back to Genesis to see the beginning of sin and I had to explain how God knew that we were going to sin, but he loved us so much that he made the plan with Jesus to save us later down the road. The next day we talked about God provides Calling and I shared the story of my brother, father, and Marshall being in the hospital allowed me to see God placing the calling of nursing on my life. I didn't finish Marshall's life Wednesday and when I cut off the story my kid's flipped out and asked me NOT to go recreation and finish the story and go into the next bible study. Needless to say, I made them go to rec and made them enjoy it.

We had to do rainy day recreation one day and we played a game called "Draw It On" where you have to draw on the back of the person in front of you and it continues on until the person at the front of the line has to guess what was drawn. Once we supposed to draw a house with a door on it and it turned into this, :P, I'm not exactly sure how that happened but the imagination of a child is limitless. Not only did I get to do rainy dac rec but I also got to go down an epic water slide called Damascus Road. I simple fell in love. The kids ate it up and after going down, I completely understood.

No comments:

Post a Comment